Information About Proctoring
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) requires the final course exam for all of the Pre-Licensing and SAE 30-hour courses to be a proctored exam.
Texas State Online offers both online proctoring and in person proctoring.
If you choose in person proctoring, contact us for a list of approved proctors.
1. You will be able to take a proctored exam within the course from home.
2. You must take the exam on a computer or laptop with a webcam, microphone and speakers.
3. At the appointment time, log into the proctoring website and select "Texas State Online" as the school. If there are any pop-ups, click "Yes" or "OK".
4. Other than this, your desk or work area must be clean. Books, papers, notes, cellphones, etc. are not permissable.
In Person Proctoring
1. If you prefer in-person proctoring, we will provide contact information for the approved proctors closet to your location.
2. Texas State Online provides the contacts and students are responsible for making all arrangements including payment to proctor.
The fee for online proctoring is $17.50 per final exam. The fee for in person proctoring varies depending on the test center.
In either case:
Students must have a picture ID.
It is permissable to have a simple calculator that is not programmable, a clean sheet of paper and a pencil.
By state law, the exam is multiple choice and a passing score is 70%.
Upon completion of the exam, you will get your results immediately.
The Texas Real Estate Commission rules allow students to take the course final exam two times. If the exam is not successfully completed on the second attempt, Texas law requires students to re-take the course before registering to take the exam again.