How to Get a Texas Real Estate License
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) is the state agency that governs real estate licensing. TREC requires anyone that wants to get a real estate Salesperson License to first complete six (6) - 30 hour real estate courses. The courses must be completed before submitting your application to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
Texas State Online provides the complete package of mandatory TREC approved courses to qualify for the Salesperson Real Estate License. If you are ready, start now!
1. Sign up for the mandatory real estate courses and complete the courses. Upon completion a certificates of completion for each course will be emailed to you.
2. Attach a copy of the certificates of completion to your application and send it in to TREC along with the application fee.
3. TREC will process your application.
4. After processing the application, TREC will send the information required to download the fingerprinting form. Then take the form to an approved fingerprinting facility for fingerprinting.
5. TREC will also send instructions for registering for the State real estate licensing exam. Only one company, Pearson VUE, is responsible for administering the TREC real estate exam in all of Texas.
6. Register with Pearson VUE to take the TREC real estate licensing exam and pass the exam.
If you have questions or need more specific information, just call us at 713-503-8958.
Texas State Online only offers Texas real estate courses and we can answer your questions regarding licensing.